Bike Friendly Kalamazoo and the Kalamazoo Area Transportation Study are hosting a Bike Week community event on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. entitled “Local Bicycling Developments – 2019 & Beyond.” This year’s theme is “Making Connections.” Speakers include:
- Christina Anderson, Planner for the City of Kalamazoo. Presenting on Protected Bike Lanes
- Marcy Hamilton, Senior Planner at the Southwest Michigan Planning Commission. Presenting on the Regional Bike Map Project
- Libby Heiny-Cogswell, Supervisor for Oshtemo Township. Presenting on Oshtemo’s Non-Motorized & Southwest Michigan Bikeway Plans
- Kathleen Hoyle, Director of Parks & Recreation for the City of Portage. Presenting on Connecting People with a Bike Friendly Culture
- Megan Mickelson, Associate Planner at KATS
- David Rachowicz, Director of Parks & Recreation for Kalamazoo County. Presenting on KRVT Eastward to Battle Creek
- And more!!
Event will be held at Wile Auditorium, KRESA Main Office; 1819 E. Milham Ave, Portage, MI 49002. Please use the west side (lower) parking lot and entrance.
Register to attend “Local Bicycling Developments – 2019 & Beyond”