Public Meeting Accommodation Notice
All public meetings held by the Kalamazoo Area Transportation Study are required to be accessible to persons with disabilities under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities who require alternately formatted materials or auxiliary aids to ensure effective communication and access to public meetings or programs. For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, please contact Jonathan R. Start at 269-343-0766 or email@example.com. Providing at least 7 days advance notice will help to ensure availability.
The Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21) federal transportation legislation placed additional emphasis on extensive stakeholder participation. Highlights of the MAP-21 requirements for public participation include:
- Providing adequate public notice of public participation activities and time for public review and comment at key decision points;
- Employing visualization techniques;
- Making information accessible in various formats and means, such as the World Wide Web;
- Holding public meetings at convenient and accessible locations and times;
- Seeking out and considering needs of traditionally under-served populations;
- Coordinating with statewide transportation planning public participation and consultation processes; and
- Periodically reviewing the effectiveness of the procedures and strategies in the Participation Plan.
The Kalamazoo Area Transportation Study encourages public involvement in all areas of transportation planning. If you would like to be involved in the planning process, please let us know.